All children receiving the sacrament of First Reconciliation or First Eucharist must attend all three sacrament preparation classes. Absences will not be permitted & make-up sessions will not be offered.
1. Saturday, March 11th, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
2. Saturday, March 18th, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
3. Saturday, March 25th, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
First Reconciliation service will be on Saturday, May 6, 2023, at 10:30 a.m.
First Eucharist rehearsal will be on Saturday, May 6th, 2023, at 9:00 a.m.
First Eucharist Mass will be on Sunday, May 7th, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.
Please submit the registration form to the DRE (ReligiousEd@stlouisrcchurch.org), by February 11, 2023, to register your child to make either his/her First Reconciliation or First Eucharist.
1. Register by November 1st, 2022. To do this, complete & submit the “Confirmation Registration” form by November 1, 2022. Registering by this date ensures that parents receive information about service opportunities throughout the year.
2. Complete & submit the “Confirmation Name & Sponsor” form by November 1, 2022
3. Submit a copy of all sacramental certificates (i.e., Baptism, First Reconciliation, & First Eucharist) if your child made the sacraments at a church other than St. Louis, by November 1, 2022.
4. Attend Mass weekly
5. Children who do not receive religious education at school must attend St. Louis Faith Formation classes and maintain good attendance. See the St. Louis Faith Formation Attendance Policy for more information.
6. Attend both sacrament preparation classes. Absences will not be permitted & make-up sessions will not be offered.
7. Complete service hours: 10 total community service hours, 4 of which need be within the St. Louis Parish community.
*Volunteer opportunities at St. Louis are listed on page 2 of this document. Check the weekly bulletins and/or St. Louis website for specific dates & times for these events. Plan to have all St. Louis volunteer hours completed by Easter. St. Louis offers lots of volunteer opportunities in the fall, around Christmas, throughout winter, and at Easter; however, volunteer opportunities are not available after Easter. Students must complete all St. Louis service hours by Easter.
**It is not possible to submit an individual’s name to the diocese for Confirmation without the service hour requirement completed by the required due date.
8. Attend St. Louis Confirmation Retreat
9. Find a sponsor - a faith mentor to support, encourage, & pray with and for the candidate
10. Attend Confirmation Mass on Sunday, May 28th, 2023, at 3 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Cathedral.
1. Fall “Clean-up” at church: Select Saturday mornings (9 to 11:00/12:00) in September & October
2. German Mass: December 3rd & 4th
3. Christmas Party Set Up: Saturday, December 10th
4. Christmas party: Sunday, December 11th, 11:00-2:00 p.m.
5. Decorate the church for Christmas: TBD
7. Easter clean-up/decorating: Saturday, April 8th, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
8. Help with Faith Formation classes: Ongoing September – April, 9:50 to 10:50 a.m.
9. Be an altar server or lector during Mass
10 Research the following people/topics related to our church for our church’s archivist, Mr. Mike Riester:
Anyone interested in researching these people/topics can find info at the Grosvenor Room at the Central Library, Buffalo Historical Society, and the Internet. References and sources must be noted. Mr. Riester is looking for a 3-page paper on any of these topics.
For each paper submitted, 2 hours of service can be applied.
Send the paper to both Mr. Riester (email@example.com) and Ashlee Campbell
3:15 - 3:45PM