ST. LOUIS SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Fall “Clean-up” at church: Select Saturday mornings (9 to 11:00/12:00) in September & October
a. help rake leaves & gardening
2. German Mass: Saturday, December 2nd and Sunday, December 3rd
a. Saturday, December 2nd -TBD
b. Sunday, December 3rd - TBD
3. Christmas Party Set Up: Saturday, December 16th
a. Decorate the basement to prepare for the party
b. Set up/help with Christmas party
4. Christmas party: Sunday, December 17th, 11:00-2:00 p.m.
a. Food set up for party
b. Serve at party
5. Decorate the church for Christmas: TBD
6. St. Joseph’s Table: Sunday in March
a. Set up and serve at St. Joseph’s Table (anticipated time 10:00-1:00)
7. Easter clean-up/decorating: Saturday, March 30th, 9:00-11:00 a.m.
a. decorate the church
8. Help with Faith Formation classes: Ongoing September – April, 9:50 to 10:50 a.m.
9. Be an altar server or lector during Mass
Research the following people/topics related to our church for our church’s archivist, Mr. Mike Riester:
1) Michael Wiedrich and Wiedrich's Battery (Michael Wiedrich was a parishioner and a Civil War Soldier)
2) Elbridge Spaulding (donor of our Tower Clock)
3) Fire of 1885
4) Grand Army of the Republic celebration in Buffalo 1896 (St. Louis Church participated)
5) Hon. James Putnam (Attorney who defended the trustees in 1855)
6) William Schickel (architect of the present church)
-Anyone interested in researching these people/topics can find info at the Grosvenor Room at the Central Library, Buffalo Historical Society, and the Internet. References and sources must be noted. Mr. Riester is looking for a 3-page paper on any of these topics.
-For each paper submitted, 2 hours of service can be applied.
-Send the paper to both Mr. Riester (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Ashlee Campbell (Religioused@stlouisrcchurch.org)
*As other opportunities become available, parents will be emailed. Check weekly bulletins for dates/times for these & other St. Louis events