March 18, 2020 | Parish News
IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
We certainly are living and ministering in extraordinary times! Following the guidelines and directives of New York State and also Erie County regarding the coronavirus, we all must be vigilant in doing all that is possible to participate in efforts to minimize and prevent the spread of the coronavirus, especially among older adults and those most vulnerable. Therefore, effective immediately, the follow directives are to be followed throughout the Diocese of Buffalo:
Bishop Edward B. Scharfenberger temporarily dispenses the Catholic faithful from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days during the coronavirus threat.
- There will be no regularly scheduled public Masses in the Diocese of Buffalo until further notice due to an abundance of caution. Churches may remain open, as locally feasible, and the faithful are encuraged to continue to visit and pray while maintaing a prudent distance from one another.
- At all Masses, the distribution of the cup for Holy Communion is to be removed.
- Holy Water fonts should be emptied and thoroughly cleaned.
- The Sign of Peace should be omitted or instructed to be carried out without physical contact.
- Reception of the Eucharist on the tongue should be discouraged.
- All other parish events and larger celebrations, including Confirmations and Lenten penance services, must be postponed until further notice out of an abundance of caution. Further guidance will be provided regarding April and May as developments become clear.
Please use social media and other forms to invite those not attending Mass to go the following livestreamed Masses that are made available by several parishes:
Our Lady of Czestochowa Church
Livestream feed: https://nt-olc.org/live-stream/
Saturday: 4:00 pm
Sunday: 8:30 am and 10:30 am
Monday-Friday: 8 am
St. Amelia Church
Livestream feed: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7BoUV_yBmmwLSYf17nSMBQ
Sunday: 7:00 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am
Sat: 8:00 am
St. Leo the Great
Livestream link: https://stleothegreatamherst.com/about-st-leo-the-great/live-feed/
Saturday: 4:30 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am, 9:30 am and 11:00 am
St. Gregory the Great
Livestream link: http://www.stgregs.org/live-stream
Daily: 7:00 am, 8:00 am and Noon
Saturday: 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am, 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 4:30 pm
St. Martha Parish
Livestream link: http://www.stmarthadepew.org/About-Us/Livestream
Daily: 8:15 am
Saturday: 8:15 am and 4:30 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am, 11:30 am and 7:00 pm
Our Lady of Pompeii
Saturday: 4:30 pm
Sunday: 8:30 am, 10:00 am and 11:30 am
SS. Columba Brigid
Livestream link: https://livestream.com/accounts/2315534
Sunday: 11:00 am
Bishop Scharfenberger encourages all to pray regularly for the health, care and safety of New Yorkers, residents of the United States and those internationally who have fallen victim to the severe effects of the coronavirus.
Information will be sent to the media shortly and will also be sent to you. Further directives will be provided regarding celebrations of Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter at the earliest opportunity.