190 YEARS OF BLESSING
January 4, 2019 | Pastor's Corner
We continue celebrating our Christmas Season this weekend with the celebration of the Feast of the Epiphany of the Lord. In this feast we remember the visit of the Magi or Three Kings to the Holy Family. They present their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh as a sign of the devotion to God.
Another sign of our devotion to God sits here at the corner of Main and Edward Streets in downtown Buffalo. January 5th is the Birthday of St. Louis Parish. It was on this day that Louis LeCouteulx deeded the property upon which sits our church for the first parish in Buffalo. This year we celebrate our 190th anniversary. Originally, built as the Lamb of God Church, it was renamed in honor of Louis IX King of France after the great fire that destroyed the second church building in 1885.
Since then St. Louis has been a source of faith, a beacon of hope, and the Spirit of God’s love for many generations of people. We remember and build upon all those who have been the foundation of this faith community all these years. Our church and faith community are the living presence of God. Over 190 years many people have celebrated their faith, lived their faith and practiced their faith under the watchful care of God and St. Louis. Through the intercession of St. Louis may all be blessed by God.