The Historic Kimball Organ was built in 1903 by the W.W.Kimball Company of Chicago, IL. Originally containing 30 stops with 33 ranks of pipes, the cost of the organ was $7,000. It was dedicated in concert on November 24, 1903 by Gaston Dethier, a famous organist based in New York City.
In 1952 and in 1987, the organ had major renovation work including various part replacements and new stops. As of October 1999, the organ has 2,600 pipes distributed over 44 stops (49 ranks).
William Kurzdorfer is the curator of this magnificent organ. His loving care and mechanical expertise maintains the organ to keep it sounding beautiful.